Current Great HousesEdit
- House Heartan, the current royal house, and rulers over a portion of the Western Territories, the Eastern Territories, and several islands, including Great Valour Islands.
- House Heartan of Gran Sarathal, the royal part of the house, features mainly the princes, princesses, kings, queens all which are around 1-6th in line to the throne.
- House Heartan of the Rocky Vale, the other part of the royal house. These are mainly cousins, uncles, aunts, and distant relatives that stay witin the Rocky Vale areas.
- House Lukie, the ruler over a large amount of the Northern Territories, hailing from the city Qhylen.
- House Boulderrock, the rulers of the Dwavern Kingdom and the Lord of the Golden Halls.
- House Thash, the rulers of a portion of the Western Territories, they hail from Phylon.
- House Wolfbane, rulers over the southern Western regions. They hail from Markwall.
- House Symoset, rulers over a large portion of the Northern Territories.
- House Durgilion, rulers over a portion of the southern Dwavern Kingdom.
- House Gonsoveir, rulers over a portion of the Eastern Territories.
- House Elendra, rulers over a portion of the Eastern Territories.
- House Asander, rulers over the south/western Dwavern Kingdom.
- House Rochandur, rulers over the south/eastern Dwavern Kingdom.
- House Undertongue, the ruling kings of Markwall. Destroyed when Jafier Heartan attacked the city during his uprising. He killed the Undertongue king and exiled their house. There whereabouts are unknown.
- House Ashstone, one of the founding houses of the Eastern Territories. A house of royalty and a power house. Sinteal Ashstone made the mistake of betraying Jafier Heartan, and she paid the price when he found out and extinct her house.
- House Boulderarm, the ruling house over the Western Territories, ruling under the King of the Golden Halls. Defeated during the War of Kings, when Jafier wiped them out during their final battle.
- House Grazaxe, the rulers of the Dwavern Kingdom, and King of the Golden Halls. They were defeated by House Boulderrock, who later took their place as rulers of the kingdom.
- House Yunder, the rulers over the Eastern Territories, and the islands surrounding it. They were defeated by Durgilion.
- House Blutton, rulers over the Northern regions. They were defeated by House Lukie who later took their place as Lords of the North.
- House Vontier, ruling great house over a portion of the East. They were defeated by House Gonsoveir.
Great Houses were first formed in the Creation Period, it begun when seperate human tribes started to migrate across the seas, and form into huge settlements and build civilzations. These settlements eventually took on their own names, and formed the very first houses.
The dwarves later discovered this, and started doing it themselves, pushing their borders against the growing humans. As these great houses grew in size, they started to raid, and invade lands, expanding on their power and borders. While they did this, they took in vassals, and small houses to serve under them. These great houses formed their own governments, which at the time all fell under the Dark-Elf Empire, and eventually their kings.
Great Houses have battled it out between each other for thousands of years, each one trying to defeat their rivals. It is common for each lord or lady to threaten, or even try and intimidate their fellow great houses.
In the BooksEdit
Great Houses are not mentioned much within the first few books, but it is clearly known about them, even more so House Heartan. They are known as the rulers over all their lands, and are responsible for rasing taxes, or reducing them. Many events that lead in the future novels, will deal with these houses in more depth.